Status: Temp to Hire
Shift: 1st Shift
Public Transportation: On Bus Route
Basic Job Description:
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools, most notably the end mill and lathe, to produce precision parts and instruments.
- The machinist will create, modify, or repair mechanical instruments and machines applying knowledge across mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layouts, and machining procedures to solve problems as they arise.
- The machinist will be an independent worker able to devise the best possible plan to achieve objectives based on blueprint drawings.
- If a tool does break, the machinist must know when to repair tools on their own or notify the manufacturing manager to purchase a replacement quickly.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Machinist"
- Manage each stage of the machining process starting with blueprints and setup to operation, quality assurance, and completion.
- Determine the proper dimensions and tolerances of a variety of metals using measurement tools like micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Shape parts to desired specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders.
- Ensure the quality of completed units through hands-on testing of each item.
- Keep an ongoing knowledge of each machine, sample parts, and engineering trends in order to complete projects most efficiently.
- Maintain machines’ efficiency by listening to and observing machines in operation to diagnose possible malfunctions, proper cooling and lubing workpieces, and fastening workpieces properly.
- Train new manufacturing personnel on end mill and lathe operation.